The SOF® Tourniquet Generation 4 (SOF®TT-W) is a true generational upgrade to the most effective windlass tourniquet on the market featuring 4 key upgrades:
- TRAC – Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip
- The TRAC assists in applications by providing a temporary control point to hold the windlass while engaging the tri-ring, resulting in faster application times and doubling the security of the device in combination with the tri-ring during patient movements. This is especially helpful in one-handed applications and for those who do not have much experience applying tourniquets. The TRAC is an optional accessory for application, and the windlass must still be secured in the tri-ring for proper use.
2. 5.5″ Windlass
- The increase in length eases the process of securing the windlass into the clip and tri-ring, increasing the effectiveness of the dual retention system. It still maintains its distinct conical ends while being machined from a single piece of aircraft-grade aluminum bar stock and anodized to minimize the product’s signature in a tactical environment.
3. Quick-Compression Buckle
- The Quick-Compression Buckle, added to the tourniquet last year, allows for smoother buckle manipulation due to its rounded edges. This also allows for easier one-handed application and overall faster application time.
4. Reinforced Material
- Yes, we found a way to make the strongest tourniquet even stronger.
The SOF® Tourniquet Gen 4 is built upon its original ruggedness and durability, which was the result of an exhaustive 24-month research initiative compiling end-user research and laboratory studies. The tourniquet is comprised of high-strength, lightweight alloy components. Its design allows the tourniquet to slide over a limb or, if the limb is trapped, the tourniquet can be rapidly disconnected and reconnected around the limb without rethreading the strap. With one application method for both the arm and the leg, the Gen 4 is the easiest tourniquet to operate under stress, which can lead to reduced levels of blood loss and ultimately better quality patient care.
The Gen 4 still maintains its true 1.5″ tourniquet strap, providing a wider compression pattern than most standard tourniquets or tourniquets with a 1″ constricting band moving through a 1.5″ sleeve. The wider compression pattern results in additional arterial compression and increased patient comfort.
Additionally, each tourniquet is shipped with two UV-resistant black rubber bands for mounting to your individual equipment.
The SOF® Tourniquet Gen 4 is approved for use by the Department of Defense, approved for use by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care, and the tourniquet of choice for the American Red Cross. It is used by everyone from elite military operators around the world to the largest police departments in the country to fire and EMS paramedics on the streets to civilians in everyday public places just trying to be prepared.
These customers chose the SOF® Tourniquet because it was the best option on the market. And now, the best tactical tourniquet just got better.
Made in the USA.
Approved by the Department of Defense.
Recommended by the Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care.
Selected by the American Red Cross.
U.S. Patent: 8,303,620 and D649,642 and 7,776,064 and patent pending.
NSN #: 6515-01-587-9943